Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day Thirty Two

Today I spent much of the day at the Oxfam office in Surry Hills. i was there to volunteer some time to helping out their Trailwalker Event in late August.

Compared to Oxfam GB they have so much stuff, but I guess they have a lot more corporate sponsorship behind them. Last year the Sydney event brought in 1.5 million pounds so this is not a small event by any means.

I spent mos tof my time drawing up maps for signage along the 100km route, gave me a good grip of the 8 checkpoints etc.

We had dinner at home and watched Masterchef. Masterchef here is like the apprentice back in blighty, not like the masterchef we know. It's been going 3 months and this is finals week where they pick a winner. I have to say its quite good!

Tomorrow more Oxfam and chasing jobs.

It seems to be warming up a little too now and a lot less rainy.

More on Oxfam here...

http://www2.oxfam.org.au/trailwalker/sydney/

No comments:

Post a Comment