Monday 20 July 2009

Day Thirty Eight

resigned Had a day at home trawling the job websites, I've applied for a couple more in the telecoms Software sector. One specifically is quite closely matched to what I did at Nokia so lets see. I'm resigned to fact events sector is on hold, the existing event managers are all fighting for work so a rookie like me doesn't stand much chance, I will pursue that dream in the future.

I also didn't get that Golf events job...see above!

Its quite a drag refreshing job websites but has to be done. there doesn't also seem to be agencies you can just walk into off the street like there is in Blighty, so tomorrow's focus is standardising CV and sending to all the agencies I can find.

I wondered out and did a brief bit of shopping at Broadway and also did some house chores while Kate was out at work. Sounds like her day back at Glenwood went well. We will have a 'day off' on weds and then I'll go to Oxfam Thurs/Fri while Kate works.

Just been watching the Ashes, yeah there were some dubious decisions but hey that's the way it goes sometimes. Roll on the third test.

I looked into membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground. Thinking ahead to Ashes 2010/11, alas there's a 10 year waiting list for a seat and 2 seats cost $200000 annually...hers to hoping I get tickets from general sale!

That's it for now!

Oh one final thought, we have got into watching Spooks, I never watched it at home but it is absolutely amazing tele - a great British Export...

Oh and Nick Bryants blog on right goes on about Masterchef which I've mentioned a couple of times.

That really is it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment