Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day Thirty Three

Today I went back to Oxfam for the morning, I finished off what I was doing there and that took me until after lunch.

Had to dodge the tramps having a punch up outside Central station, I told a couple of coppers who I passed and they raced off down there, no one else was doing anything it seemed.

I then nipped into town briefly before going back to meet Kate in Glebe. Had to deal with a noddy ticket seller inspector on tube who argued that I had an invalid ticket despite the fact he had sold it to me a mere 3 minutes ago...numpty! We came back to Willoughby to use internet and also I did some more shopping for a webcam and monitor lead so we can plug telly into laptop for video calls when internet arrives tomorrow hopefully.

Had dinner here and will be off back to Glebe shortly.

Biggest news over here is about the British backpacker who has walked out of Blue Mountains after being missing 12 days. Much excitement in the press it seems. makes me chuckle as for 12 days the mountain rescue teams couldn't find him and he eventually found his own way out of the bush. His father is a bit eccentric too on the telly!

The bloody car has a slow puncture, will have to sort that at weekend.

Tomorrow is a day at house, sorting a few bits out, then hopefully the internet goes live in afternoon and we can carry on job search.

We are going to a pub quiz tomorrow evening with friends but assuming internet works i'll update blog afterwards, if there's no update assume internet isn't working!

That's all, cant believe we've been here almost 5 weeks already!

No comments:

Post a Comment