Tuesday 21 July 2009

Day Thirty Nine

Another day at home applying for jobs. Got a couple of applications in and also had a long chat with a recruitment agency, I wasn't right for role I had applied for through them but she may have something else in pipeline she will call me back about tomorrow or Thursday. She was quite inspiring so I'll keep in contact with her regularly. Some of the other agencies Ive applied through have not even acknowledged me which is a bit frustrating.

The other possible spanner in works is some jobs adverts explicitly state no applications from folks on sponsorship visa's, another obstacle it seems!

The job market isn't spectacular here right now but we are just ploughing on with applications. I'm sure something will turn up soon enough. It's funny you keep going through job sites and you get to know the jobs that have been floating around a long time and spot the new ones almost immediately, does mean you get on to them straight away. I'm focusing a bit more on my previous job skills to hopefully ease me into a role suited to me.

Probably sounds as I'm a bit dis-heartened and I am a little but something I am confident something will come my way, just have to keep chasing it.

Anyone I'm connected to on linkedin, feel free to give me some recommendations!

Also I spoke to the guy at Peats Ridge Festival where I had a job interview recently, he wants me to help out on a voluntary basis in advance of festival and will prob pay for some time at festival itself. I was inclined to say bugger off after I didnt get the job I applied for but thought better of it as it could be an in.

Was a lovely clear blue day today, has been most of week, its so nice sitting there with doors open with the nice weather.

Tomorrow is shopping and then call with folks in evening which will be good.

2 comments:

  1. Ade I'm going to suggest to Alex that he give you a recommendation based on your hard work and dedication in the last couple of months before leaving.

    Alastair

    ReplyDelete