Saturday 18 July 2009

Day Thirty Six

Ah the weekend, of course I woke up before Kate as usual (who has clearly kicked her jet lag and is back to sleep as long as possible at weekend;-)). Once we were up and about we checked out the markets in Glebe. These are held in the school playground and is a mixture of clothes, books, jewellery etc. We were checking out what was on sale and Kate bought some clothes.

We had an afternoon at home watching the Swans get beaten in the AFL. We had Bill, Carol and Beau over which was cool.

We then went over to Willoughby, picked them up as they went back in thier car and went for dinner. Last time we were here for Christmas 2007/NYE 2008 we went for a stunning meal on our last night before returning to UK. This was in a pub/restaurant in Nortbridge so we headed back there after making a booking. It seems the restaurant part of the pub went bankrupt, we should have spotted this by the fact the tables were to laid out when we got there and it was an order at the bar type place.

We upped and legged it and went to this place instead

http://www.mumugrill.com.au/

I wonder if I should rename my blog ' Ade Steward restaurant guide to Sydney' all the links I seem to add, still its a good place to look back and find the nice places to take people when we visit. I think this place was pretty good with good service and decent steaks.

I wonder if many folks are still reading my daily updates?

I hope all the folks at Latitude festival are going OK, first time in its 4 year history Ive not been there, I do miss the festies a bit but not the mud and rain!

Tomorrow we are getting up and going for a walk round local area including fish markets to give Alv and Chrystal a report!

4 comments:

  1. I'm still reading and do quite enjoy the links to restaurants. I always check out the menu and see what I would have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it as well, its interesting and is giving me loads ideas for places to go and visit in Sydney in April next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, hope blighty and the Finns are treating you well

    ReplyDelete