Tuesday 30 June 2009

Day Eighteen

Spend spend spend....

Well we collected the keys to the house today, after a quick trip to the bank (and I have to say the banking staff here are so friendly and chat away to you) we went to the real estate agents and sign the contract and collected the keys.

We then went to the house and did a load of measuring and thinking a bit what we need and how to lay it all out. Its all good fun this bit!

Whilst we were there I finally got the call from the boss of the festival I had applied for a job at, alas I didn't get it, had hired some woman with more Australia HR experience than I, ah well. He did say he wanted me involved in the festival somehow but on a smaller scale, I think I'll charge him lots for privilege!

Anyway off to the shops we went to hit the last day of the sales, I'm quite proud of myself for driving hard bargains, got lots of $$$$ off the big ticket items, manage dot get a full size fridge/freezer and 42 inch plasma telly for just over a grand sterling...result!

We've also picked up a 2 seater sofa for the kitchen area, we didn't see any lounge furniture we liked yet.

Got our eyes on some bedroom stuff but that's on sale until 12th July so hanging back.

We are both knackered tonight so having an early one. Tomorrow is lots of car/contents insurance, driving licence, internet, phone stuff to be sorted.

When the broadband speed picks up here on July 2nd we'll go full out on job searching/applications.

and finally for Dean, its a 2005 Silver Holden Astra estate, 1.8 automatic, pretty good condition, has all the usual stuff, cd/aircon etc and I think you can plug in Ipod. It will be filled with IKEA stuff at weekend!

Finally keeping an eye on Wimbledon, looks lovely in London...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Otherwise, sounds like you're having fun. Doubt you'll miss certain aspects of Blighty before long, not least the news! Good luck with the job & bargain hunting.

    - Craig

    ReplyDelete