Friday 26 June 2009

Day Fourteen

The day Jacko died, although a bit of a freak in later years he did knock out some good tunes in his day! Anyway enough about him more about us....

Had a fairly good day. We were approved on our rental property, we plan to sign our lease on Wednesday the 1st and gradually move ourselves in as we get essentials like bed/fridge etc. We have the fun of buying loads of new things, all very exciting. Not that exciting but we were looking at monster fridges today, will be investing in a good one.

The Australian financial year ends at the end of June, as such everyone is having mid year/end of year sales, plus you can negotiate in the department stores, happy days. We plan to go in with a wedge of cash and say to them we want to buy lots of items with cash and as such expect significant discounts. I also get to buy a new plasma telly ;-).

It feels like things are moving along and falling into place to help us settle.

This afternoon I visited the Oxfam team in town, I had mailed them a month or two ago telling I was coming over and volunteering to assist on their Trailwalker event (see link in post yesterday). It went really well, seem a great team and appreciative I can bring some of my festival event experience to help them out. I will be going in week after next to help, it will need to fit around job hunting etc, but it's good to be doing something.

I heard briefly from guy I had interview with, he wanted my mobile number but didn't call me back when I emailed it to him. I called him later in afternoon but he had gone, so that will have to wait until Monday now.

Not much else today, mainly watching news about Jacko, it was funny to be ahead on the news from UK folk, it was top story here long before you lot woke up. I did'nt feel it necessary to text anyone in UK to wake you up with news though hehehehe.

Weekend will be focused on finding a car to buy I think so we have transport for when we move. I'm sure we'll grab dinner out too, its been commented that we eat out a lot since we arrived, Idon't think its that many times but hey, this city has so many stunning restaurants, even the fast food/food courts in shopping centres are superb, a strong Asian influence to them. Anyway I'm sure some of the readers of this blog will be out to see us and sample it all in due course!

2 comments:

  1. Appart from seeing you guys, its the food that I'm really looking forward to. Oh, plus shopping at QVB.

    Its funny reading about your house hunting over there as its exactly what Laura and I are doing here. Not as much luck as you yet though.

    Hope the weather gets better for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your blog, so nice to hear what you're up to!
    it's been a bizarre day indeed, ended up working until 8pm so just chilling with a glass of pear cider and waiting for Glasto coverage to start...
    keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete