Monday 29 June 2009

Day Seventeen

Monday...

Although not at work at moment the days seem to fly by, before we know it it's dinner time again. We got up early and drove out west to the car city at Minchinbury. We thought we had found a decent car but the bloke on the car lot was so dis-interested we walked away.

Anyway Kate knew there was a large Holden (aussie equivalent to vauxhall) nearby so we swung by there. To cut a long story short we found 3 Astras for sale and there was a really nice sales guy, not pushy and genuinely friendly. Upshot is we bought ourselves a 2005 Astra hatchback (silver for the girls who may be interested and no sporty petrol cap for the Symbian readers among you). I'll add a pic here tomorrow if I can get it off the phone (no PC suite screwing up this laptop, I'll have to find SD card adaptor tomorrow)

We put a deposit down and collect it Friday when our money comes across from blighty.

We came back via Chatswood where we picked up some cool glasses for the new house.

We also collect the keys for the house tomorrow instead of Wednesday, the landlord clearly is doing some kind of tax dodge on last day of financial year, but my instinct says its all above board but will read contracts carefully etc before they get our wonger.

As I say the days fly by and I find myself at bedtime writing this, so that's all folks, I'm off to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Tell us more about the car tomorrow.
    Has it got one of those big old Holden engines?
    Does it drink petrol like a... er... tank?
    Can you plug your ipod in?

    ReplyDelete