Saturday 13 June 2009

Day One

So after almost 18 months of planning we find ourselves in Sydney. We had a fairly good flight on Emirates via Dubai, the Airbus A380 really is a superb piece of kit and I would recommend it over a 747 any day.

It's strange to finally be here, it seems like only yesterday we told our families of our plans to head south, Kate to come home and me to emigrate with her. That was Christmas 2008 and after many months of planning, stress and at times nonsense with the Visa application it is all become a reality.

This blog will chart my settling in Australia and will act as a record of how it has gone. Hopefully it will also keep people up to date on what we are doing.

So day 1...we arrived at Sydney at 6.12am, and I have to say its pretty chilly here at that time of day in winter! We met with Bill and Carol in arrivals after waiting forever for luggage (oh incidentally getting through passport control was a breeze, thought it would be a bit more complex than it was).

Back to Willoughby for some breakfast and shower. We then hit Chatswood Chase, the local shopping centre to get a few bits before heading back to Willoughby for sleep. We crashed for a couple of hours and then had dinner. As I write this I'm struggling to stay awake before sleeping and no doubt waking up super early for Day 2.

I have a job interview on Wednesday for a really cool looking job, but more of that in due course.

I'm not homesick yet, it feels a bit like a holiday but as the days pass I'm sure it will become more of a reality. I do of course miss my wonderful family and friends back in Blighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment