Thursday 25 June 2009

Day Thirteen

Thursday, where is the week going, almost 2 weeks here in Oz already. We got up a bit late as we had decided to take it easier today. I know we have no jobs etc but we feel like we've been running around quite a bit so wanted to take it a bit slower.

We went to the bank nearby and sorted out our final joint account and added all our tax file numbers, mobile numbers etc. We are good to go when we need to lay a deposit on house etc.

Still no news on our rental application, hopefully we'll hear tomorrow.

Had a lunch at home and spent much of afternoon sending emails to event management contacts and friends with contacts to try and start getting employment.

Still no news on my original job application, hopefully I'll hear tomorrow.

Had a great video call with folks, good to see them.

We cooked dinner for Bill and Carol and then we've had an easy evening. I've been catching up on Top Gear on the Slingbox at the folks, such a great programme!

Off to bed, tomorrow we'll check out stuff for house and in afternoon I have a meeting with Oxfam, I'll be volunteering to assist their Trailwalker Event in Sydney in August.

Info here

http://www2.oxfam.org.au/trailwalker/sydney/

I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment