Sunday 21 June 2009

Day Nine

As I write this I'm watching the British Grand Prix via the slingbox, not the greatest picture but interesting to think I'm watching the TV stream from the sky box in my folks living room!

A good day, we got up a bit late, although Kate was awake at 5.45 and eventually got up and did some emails etc. It's funny I know its probably jet lag still but its a role reversal, in blighty I was always the one awake early, whereas now I'm happy to sleep on and on. I think its just a general relaxation now we are finally here after all the planning and build up.

we had lunch here

http://www.trippaswhite.com.au/the_pavilion

with Kate's folks and Chris and Hannah who were back from the Southern Highlands before they flew back to Adelaide.

It was a good lunch and nice to catch up with them again.

After lunch Kate and I did some shopping, well picked up some mobile phone brochures.

We've given more thought to our housing situation, we think we'll look around bit more, we think we wont commit to the high value place we like until we know what our job situation is. Tomorrow morning we will visit all the agents in the are we like to talk to them about our needs.

Had a call with hazel which was good, it's nice to catch up on her news, we then had a video call with the folks, again really good to see them, keeps them close in a virtual kind of way. Watched the old fella open his fathers day present too.

Not much after that, as I say watching British TV on the laptop as I type, although not much excitement in this race.

Lets hope the banking paperwork arrives tomorrow!

Oh yeah and just for a change, its raining today.

Oh and Alvin has been tracking flight prices, business class flights only 1800 pounds return, so economy will be a steal... so no excuse for anyone not to come see us once we have our place etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment