Tuesday 7 September 2010

Day Four Hundred and Forty Eight

Friday



Got up at 3.20am and shortly after made Kate get out of bed too. Kate drove me to the airport and I hopped on a plane to Blighty. I have had this trip planned for a while and it's an opportunity to use up some Time of In Lieu from the job and more importantly a chance to catch up with the folks.



I've kept it quite quiet and plan just to slip back into England unannounced for a couple of weeks. Saying goodbye to Kate was very difficult, she couldn't get the time off and it was also quite costly for us to both come over. I wish she could have come though.



The first leg of the flight was long, 14.5 hours. I did sleep some of the way. Had a very quick connection in Dubai and before I knew it was into second leg. That seemed to pass a bit quicker but still very mundane.



Before I knew it I was quickly through the airport (surprising as T3 at Heathrow is usually chaos) and hugging the folks and Hazel. Is great to see them again.



We swung by the chippie on the way home as I hadn't eaten much and at about 10pm (or 7am Sydney time) I hit the sack. A very long day but mentally I tried to think of it as one day and hopefully that will help the jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment