Monday 13 September 2010

Day Four Hundred and Fifty Seven

Sunday

After a few hours sleep I walked to the Oxbox just after 12am to start my shift. before even starting I was made aware of a drunken steward which I had to stand down from shift. The night shift passed fairly uneventfully and before long the sun was coming up.


Sunday's weather was fantastic, ironic when that's the one time I wanted it to be cold so I could sleep during the morning. I did sleep on and off between 9am and 2pm.


At about 5pm a few of us made our way into the arena, firstly to catch DJ Derek....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Derek

He is very funny, he looks like a pensioner with flat cap but speaks with a broad Jamaican accent and gets the crowd going. very funny! As you can see from vid below he got the crowd moving!

After that we hit the big top and caught some of Fat Freddys Drop, followed by the main stage to catch The Prodigy who were storming. At the end of the night Bestival sets light to the bonfire and there are fireworks. I've added a short video below.

We then went and caught the Arcadia show which was OK.



We all staggered back to the campsite, sat round the fire and I finally went to bed at about 3am.





No comments:

Post a Comment