Thursday 25 March 2010

Day Two Hundred and Eighty Six

Today we sadly lost Kate's Aunt Marion to cancer.

I only had the privilege of meeting Marion a few times, once in London and a couple of times here in Australia.

I personally have wonderful memories of Marion such as the time we met in London and she was pushing baby Finlay around Kew gardens in the cold, she had a firm grip on that baby pram and wasn't letting go!

We met a couple of other times and I found her to be so welcoming and dare I say it the grown up one out of Bill, Barbara and Marion.

It sounds like it was a fairly peaceful end for which we are all thankful.

Kate and I went to Willoughby after work to be with the family, these times are never easy but it all went as could be expected.

In the evening Bill, Carol, Barbara, Kate and I went for a Thai dinner nearby Willoughby. This was nice and it was wonderful to hear the stories from the past of when Bill and his sisters were kids, some of the stuff they got up to etc, it is nice to celebrate the good times on days like this. I felt I learnt a great deal about the Colhoun family history in those few short hours over dinner.

Dedicated to Marion 1935 - 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment