Wednesday 19 August 2009

Day Sixty Nine

Thursday

We spent the day shopping, we went over to the north side and ended up in ChatswoodWestfield. Bought a few bits for the house, a decent chopping board and a few other things. Our main purchase was a new bed. Picked up a bargain, had a very persistent sales woman, I kept fending her off but she was playing hard ball, she wanted the sale. based on this I got her down, bottom line is after initial discounts we got a bed at a pretty good price. It should arrive next Thursday, we ten have the fun of getting the base over the balcony as I'm convinced it wont fit up the stairs!

We received a very welcome house warming card form Pru and Paul, thank you you two, we look forward to your arrival!

I found this article quite funny from a perspective of sitting through too many presentations in my past

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8207849.stm

I heard back from a few recruiters, one is putting my CV on some worldwide database, the other I have a meeting with next Tuesday afternoon.

As we were in the area we ended up grabbing dinner at Kate's folks as our planned dinner with the Newtown gang was postponed.

Lordy Friday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment