Monday 10 August 2009

Day Fifty Nine










Monday Monday

I spent the day revising my CV from scratch, still a bit more to do but I think it looks a lot better, my plan of attack is to focus on short term work between now and UK trip and longer term aspect of proper job for October when we fly back from UK. The latter will involve a concerted effort with recruitment agents over next couple of weeks.
I'll finish it off in morning.

Bigger news though, I was going to go to Oxfam tomorrow but I've put that off a day as our shipment arrives from the UK forst thing tomorrow. No customs charges or quarantine issues it seems, all those hours of careful packing and endless paperwork have paid off.

I wonder if it all made it intact!

I've added a few pics of place since we invested in some furniture which might be of interest. I'll nip back to Ikea tomorrow and pick up some CD shelves etc.

ps this borrowed laptop wont let me move pics to bottom of post, thats why they appear first with no explanation.

2 comments:

  1. Were the cds individually bubblewrapped? Was the complex chronological/alphabetical/indie-subgenre ordering system maintained during transit, or will positions have to be reassigned on the new shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed... ideally, can we have photos taken during the unboxing ceremony? We've all be waiting nervously to see how "the collection" has made the trip.
    And we need photos once they are up on the shelves too. After all, once they are up, we know that you really have emigrated then ;-)

    ReplyDelete