Monday 5 November 2012

Day One Thousand Two Hundred and Thirty Eight

Thursday 1st November

Up at 5.30am this morning, my job along with Carrie was to act as support crew to Daniel our test walker today. All the staff are working in rotation supporting him as he tests the trail. I got the first and second shift, which is good as I'll be done by mid afternoon.

Daniel started at the 'start line' at 6.50am, and then Carrie and I preceded to follow him along the trail meeting him at road crossings etc to ensure his safety. We fed and watered him at Checkpoint 1 (just after we grabbed some brekkie in a local cafe) and he was off again.

Carrie swapped out at midday and I was joined by Ruth. This was good as I could spend a lot of time telling her lots about Brisbane as she takes over from me there.

We met Daniel at Checkpoint 2 and again re-fuelled him.

He left there and then got a bit lost so Carrie and others came back out to meet us (they had to anyway As I was swapping with Rob at that point). We set Daniel back on the right path and I headed back to hotel to relax after grabbing some food.

Everyone continued to support Daniel through the night and after approx 110km and 22 hours he finished at 5am the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment