Sunday 19 February 2012

Day Nine Hundred and Eighty One

Saturday 18th Feb


A big day today, although Kate was blissfully unaware of what was to come. I had organized with Bill and Carol for them to come to Brisbane to help celebrate Kate’s Birthday tomorrow.

I had engineered a plan to meet Bill and Carol by surprise at The New farm Deli on the premise of Kate and I having to pick up their parcel from the post office next door.

All was going well, I managed to get Kate to the post office but she rushed off ahead to get in the queue, having not been able to locate Bill and Carol at the Cafe as we walked past I had to admit there was no card to pick up the parcel form Post Office, briefly this made Kate a bit 'unhappy' as she had asked me to make sure I had the post office card before we left the house.

After some explaining the parcel was being hand delivered she grasped her folks were in town and headed into the Deli to meet them. Was a very nice reunion.

We had a lovely breakfast at the Deli before heading back home.

We went and checked Bill and Carol into their accommodation before heading back to the flat again and a trip to the pool downstairs.

After a nice swim we all went for a walk along the river and drinkies at The London Club. We walked home again and then got a Thai takeaway in.

An evening of Scrabble followed and Kate and I won an game each, my win came off the word Emerging in my last go which netted me a 106 point go and a cruise to victory.



Late in the evening we dropped Bill and Carol back to their accommodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment