Thursday 1 April 2010

Day Two Hundred and Ninety Three

Thursday

A day of moving furniture between Glebe and Newtown. I was up and about early dismantlinglast of the big furniture ready for our move. I drove to Alexandria and picked up the van I had hired, well actually I got a free upgrade to a truck with a tail lift as the guy with the transit I had hired hadn't bothered to return it. I'm all for a free upgrade if it makes my life easier.

Drove back to Glebe and waited for Bill to arrive who was helping me. Once he was there I pulled the truck up out back and we started the loading. All went very smoothly, we dropped the bed off the front balcony on ropes again, all very smooth.

Once loaded we drove to Newtown, thankfully there is 2 hour parking on King Street out the front of our place so we parked right next to the front door. Took us about an hour to unload all the gear into the flat.

Once done we drove to Glebe and picked up a load of stuff to store at Willoughby, again we unloaded fairly easily and before I knew it I was dropping truck back before 5pm.

Then drove back to Newtown to turn off aircon I had left on, then to Glebe to pick up some stuff for staying at Willoughby over night, then final drive to Willoughby.

Had a Skype call with folks.

Carol did a superb steak dinner and after not long hut the sack because we were all knackered.

In other news from down under.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8598450.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment