Thursday 30 August 2012

Day One Thousand One Hundred and Sixty Six

Tuesday 21st August

Got up at 6am in the morning to complete final scheduling and create PDFs for the staff. 

Later in the morning Kate and I had the excitement of the RTA, really my most favourite place in the world. We planned to nip in, register the car in NSW and get our new driving licences. 

This plan fell apart when...

I forgot my UK licence so could not prove I had three years of valid licence (despite this being checked in QLD)

Kate happened ot marry me less than three years ago so again could not get her licence, net result we could not register the car in NSW as it was last registered here in her maiden name.

So back to car park, put the number plates back on the car and drive home to get necessary ID

Drive back to RTA, unscrew number plates and go through the whole fun again....

Once that was done and we dodged the senile pensioners collecting their heavy goods licences we drove home and then I drove into work to hand out schedules.

Came home later in the evening, had dinner and crashed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment