Monday 4 April 2011

Day Six Hundred and Fifty Seven

Thursday

Up before daylight at 5 and drove out towards trial and picked up my colleague at 6.10am. We then drove further out form Melbourne to the site of Checkpoint 3 on the Melbourne trail. met the contractors/suppliers on site and I led the build of that site for the next 6 hours.

All went well and I even managed to see my first red back spider which was sitting just underneath one of the delivery trucks. I now know what they look like.

At about 2pm it was on the road again and off to build Checkpoint 1, it seems ll the contractors were early (unheard of usually) and were waiting for me who had the key to the site, seems the bin contractors didn't bother and threw their 20 bins over the 10ft high gate so we had to transport them ourselves the last 3/4km into the park.

The contractors did their thing and we did all the Oxfam bump in an hour or so later and got away from there at about 6pm.

Headed to my second bed of the event here

http://www.gleninn.com/

Nice website, not so nice rooms but not too bad.

Went for dinner at this place

http://www.thevillagegreen.com.au/


Just imagine tacky Vegas meets Blackpool and half your expectations and you then have the Village Green in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment